At Lechtenberg & Associates LLC, we understand what it means to be an employer. We know that what our clients are looking for is a partner—a counselor to help them analyze their issues, understand the law, and find the best solution for their business. That is our vision for client relationships, and it is an expectation for ourselves.
We also know that being a partner means more than getting to the right solution. It means being available. We do everything that we can to ensure that clients will not have to worry about us returning a call or responding to an e-mail or text. We know that when it comes to managing employees, "business hours" don't apply. That is why we make ourselves available to our clients at all times and give clients our personal contact information. Our job is to be there when you need us.
There are lessons that we have learned through decades of helping businesses with their employment law needs, from resolving discrimination complaints to drafting policies; from collective bargaining to navigating employee misconduct; and from advising on benefits to negotiating contracts.
Our experience includes representation before Federal and State courts and administrative agencies, including:
- National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- U.S. Department of Labor (US DOL)
- Board of Alien Labor Certification Appeal (BALCA)
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- Homeland Security Investigation (HSI)
- Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR)
- Illinois Department of Labor (IDL)
- Illinois Human Rights Commission (IHRC)
- Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES)
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)
Our work before these agencies makes us better attorneys—yet we strive to help our clients identify and manage situations well before any court or agency gets involved. Employers need a counsel who can help their business thrive by saving them time, energy, and money. We are that counsel.