Employment Law Practice
At Lechtenberg & Associates, we know that what our clients are looking for is a partner: a counselor to help them analyze issues, understand the law, and find the best solution for their business. That is our vision for client relationships and an expectation we set for ourselves.
We also know that being a partner means more than getting to the right solution. It means being available. We do everything that we can to ensure that clients will not have to worry about us returning a call or responding to an e-mail or text. We know that when it comes to managing employees, “business hours” do not apply. Our job is to be there when you need us.
Our full-service representation of business clients includes hiring, firing, and everything in between: onboarding, employee and management training, guidance on day-to-day employee and HR issues, disciplinary process, policy formulation and handbook reviews, and assistance with management strategy. We focus on employment defense, providing counsel and litigation support in matters involving the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act (EEOC claims), unemployment, and traditional labor relations.
We also assist executives and other individuals with contract review and negotiation (both in the hiring and separation contexts); and where an employment relationship breaks down, we represent individuals in charges of discrimination and seeking redress for other employer misconduct.
Our experience includes representation before Federal and State courts and administrative agencies, such as:
· National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
· Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
· Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
· U.S. Department of Labor (US DOL)
· Board of Alien Labor Certification Appeal (BALCA)
· U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
· U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
· Homeland Security Investigation (HSI)
· Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR)
· Illinois Department of Labor (IDL)
· Illinois Human Rights Commission (IHRC)
· Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES)
· Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)